Assam SLET Exam is an entrance exam conducted by the Assam State Government to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various universities and colleges in the state. The exam is conducted twice yearly, once in January and once in July. It consists of two stages – a written examination and an interview. The syllabus for the exam includes topics from various disciplines such as English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, etc. To qualify for this exam, candidates must have a master’s degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade from any recognized university or institute. Candidates who successfully clear this exam will be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in Assam universities and colleges.
ASSAM SLET BOOKS
Assam SLET Exam Books are essential resources for students who are preparing for the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) in Assam. These books provide comprehensive coverage of the topics covered in the exam and practice tests to help students prepare for the exam. They also contain sample questions and answers to help students better understand the exam pattern. The books also provide tips and tricks to help students score higher marks on the exam.
SLET PAPER 1 BOOKS
|2. Harpreet Kaur- Oxford NTA UGC Paper 1 for NET/SET/JRF- Revised first edition|
|3. Nishit K. Sinha- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT|
|4. Word power made easy- Norman Lewis|
|5. Arihant Publications- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic|
|6. Wren and Martin- High School English Grammar and composition key|
SLET PAPER 2 BOOKS
|2. UGC NET/SET Environmental Sciences (2 Volumes)|
|3. Trueman’s UGC Net English Literature|
|4. Trueman’s UGC Net History|
|5. UGC NET set political science paper II & III- Arihant|
|6. Geography For UGC-NET/SLET/JRF Paper I, II, And III|
ASSAM SLET SYLLABUS
The Assam SLET Test has two main sections which are provided below.
General Topics, which make up SLET Paper 1, are divided into four major sub-sessions as follows:
- Reasoning Ability
- Divergent Thinking
- General Awareness
Paper 2’s topic is the candidate’s field of choice and it covers topics like;
- Environment Science
- Political Science
- Chemical Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Computer Science
ASSAM SLET EXAM PATTERN
Assam State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) is a competitive exam conducted by the Government of Assam for recruitment of teachers in the state. The exam pattern for this test consists of two papers; Paper-I carrying 100 marks, and Paper II carrying 200 marks. Paper I is a general paper on teaching and research aptitude, while Paper II is an optional paper based on the subject chosen by the candidate. The duration of Paper-I is one hour whereas for Paper II, it is two hours, and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers. This exam also tests candidates on their knowledge of the Assamese language and literature.
- There are two sections to the SLET exam.
- Paper 1 includes a broad range of themes, such as general awareness, understanding, and diverse thinking.
- Paper 2 is the fundamental subject the candidate has selected.
- There are 300 possible marks for the written exam.
- There are 150 total questions on the written exam.
- The exam will go for a total of three hours.
- No negative marks on wrong answers.
|Stage||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
ASSAM SLET EXAM PREPARATION TIPS
- The books listed above are strongly advised for candidates who are studying for the exam.
- Before starting their preparation, candidates should familiarize themselves with the test’s structure and content.
- Three years’ worth of previous exams should be reviewed in order to understand the assessments.
- Creating quick notes will help applicants make last-minute revisions.
- Don’t forget to practice all the subjects, and schedule time each day to review and go through the entire syllabus.
- Acquire time management skills to complete all of the questions in the allocated time.