Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2023
The Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. It is conducted for admission to various polytechnic colleges in the state. The PAT 2023 will be held in June 2021 for admission to various diploma courses offered by polytechnic colleges in Assam. The exam will consist of multiple-choice questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and General Knowledge. Candidates who qualify for the exam will be eligible for admission into various diploma courses offered by polytechnic colleges in Assam.
Admission Notification 2023
The official notice of the Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2023 has been released by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam. For admission to diploma programs at the following State Government Polytechnics in Assam and Polytechnics outside of Assam (against seats provided by the Government of India) for the academic year 2023–2024, intending and qualified students may submit an online application.
Polytechnic Admission Test Details 2023
|Name of Course/s||3-Year Diploma Course/s|
|Name of Test||Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2023|
|Test To Be Conducted By||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam|
|Test Centres||State Govt. Engineering Colleges, State Polytechnics, and at Tezpur, Mangaldai.|
|Date of Test||11th or 18th or 25th June 2023 (Sunday)|
|Time of Test||10 AM to 12 Noon (2 Hours)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
Eligibility Criteria of PAT 2023
- Residentship: Candidates must be Assamese citizens with legal status.
2. Educational Qualification: The candidate must successfully complete the H.S.L.C. or an exam of an equivalent level in a single sitting with Mathematics and Science as required topics. Also, candidates must have succeeded in both the theory and practical Mathematics and Science exams on their own.
The minimum average percentage required in Mathematics and Science are:
|Category||Percentage of Marks|
3. Age Limit: Each category’s maximum age restriction as of December 31, 2023, is listed below.
|UR and OBC/MOBC||20 Years 6 Months|
|SC/ST||23 Years 6 Months|
|For Institutions outside Assam||20 Years 6 Months|
Application Fee of PAT
- Application Fee: Rs. 500/- plus Bank Charges, as applicable.
- Payment Mode: Online– Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking, Offline– Through Cash Deposit form from State Bank Collect in the final step of Online Application.
Important Dates of PAT 2023
|Starting Date of Submission of Online Application||10th April 2023|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||5th May 2023|
|Issue of Admit Cards||To Be Declared Soon|
|Date of PAT 2023||June 2023|
Books required for PAT 2023
- Exam Idea Diploma Engineering Polytechnic Entrance Examination 2023 Edition By Kulesh Ch.- Visit https://booksjugaad.com/product/exam-idea-polytechnic-entrance-examination-2023-edition/
How to Apply for PAT 2023?
To apply online for the Polytechnic Admission Test for admission into diploma programs at the following State Government Polytechnics in Assam for the academic year 2023–2024, interested and qualified applicants who are permanent residents of Assam should follow the processes listed below.
Step 1: Visit the Important Web-Links of the Polytechnic Admission Test section.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Online Application Form’ link.
Step 3: The Official PAT Application Portal will be opened.
Step 4: Register online using your personal information and submit the required payment.
Step 5: At the end, click on Submit Online Application.