SSC CHSL Exam 2023
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam 2023 is a national-level competitive examination conducted by the Government of India to recruit candidates for various posts in the Lower Divisional Clerical Cadre. It is one of the most sought-after exams in India and has been growing in popularity over the years. This exam consists of four tiers – Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. The SSC CHSL Exam 2023 will be conducted at various centers across India and will include both online and offline tests. Candidates who qualify for this exam will be eligible for jobs such as Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, etc., depending on their performance in each tier.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Notification
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification for the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam 2023. The notification is released in PDF format on the official website to recruit around 4500 vacancies for Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), and Data Entry Operator(DEO).
The SSC CHSL Exam 2023 notification includes details about eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and important dates. Candidates who wish to apply for this exam must go through all the details mentioned in the notification carefully before applying. They must also ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for selection.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Important Dates
All the important dates for the CHSL Exam are in the table below.
|SSC CHSL 2023 Important Dates
SSC CHSL 2023 Vacancy
Approximately 4500 positions have been made available through the SSC CHSL Notification 2023; the precise number of positions and other information will be released soon. Soon, SSC will publish a notice about the opening for SSC CHSL 2023. In the previous year, SSC announced 4893 openings.
SSC CHSL 2023 Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 important parameters that a candidate must fulfill in order to seat for the examination.
SSC CHSL Nationality
A candidate can be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CHSL Age Limit
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
SSC CHSL Educational Qualification
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidate must have passed the 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The candidate must have a 12th Standard pass in the Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Pattern
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice + Skill Test & Typing Test
Tier-II will include three sections having two modules each
SSC CHSL 2023 Syllabus
There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2023, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL 2023 Tier-I Syllabus
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions, and Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1, etc.,
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
SSC CHSL 2023 Salary
|SSC CHSL 2023 Salary (Pay Scale)
|SSC CHSL 2023 Salary (After 7th Pay Commission)
SSC CHSL 2023 Admit Card
Admit cards for each stage will be released after the application status. SSC CHSL Tier-I Admit Cards are published on the regional website for the position for which the applicant has applied. Using their registration number and password created during the registration procedure, candidates can download their SSC CHSL Hall Ticket.
SSC CHSL 2023 Cut-Off
|SSC CHSL Tier-I Cut-Off 2021
SSC CHSL 2023 Result
The results are declared on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) i.e., www.ssc.nic.in. It will be declared after the completion of the examination.