A Textbook of Strength of Materials by R.S. Khurmi
“Strength of Materials: Mechanics of Solids in SI Units” is an all-inclusive text for students as it takes a detailed look at all concepts of the subject. Distributed evenly in 35 chapters, important focuses are laid on stresses, strains, inertia, force, beams, joints and shells amongst others.
Each chapter contains numerous solved examples supported by exercises and chapter-end questions which aid to the understanding of the concepts explained. A book that has seen, foreseen and incorporated changes in the subject for 50 years, it continues to be one of the most sought after texts by the students for all aspects of the subject.
Note: Delivery of this Book takes 3-7 Working Days considering upon locations.
Delivery Charges: Rs 50 For Prepaid orders via Instamojo
For Cash On Delivery: Additional Rs 70 is charged for handling cash.
If you have online payment facilities, please try to make online payment as it will charge less.
If you have any questions, call or Whatsapp us at 9101633046
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Product Enquiry
• 35 chapters provide in-depth coverage of every important concept in the subject.
• FIVE NEW Chapters on “Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre”, “Mechanical Properties of Materials (Stress-Strain Diagram)“, “Torsion of Circular Shafts“, “Theories of Failure” and “Testing of Materials”
• More than 1000 examples, figures and tables aid to the concepts explained.
• More than 600 in-text exercise questions and chapter-end questions add to the practice of the students.
1. Introduction, 2. Mechanical Properties of Materials (Stress-Strain Diagram), 3. Simple Stresses and Strains, 4. Stresses and Strains in Bars of Varying Sections, 5. Stresses and Strains in Statically Indeterminate Structures, 6. Thermal Stresses and Strains, 7. Elastic Constants, 8. Principal Stresses and Strains, 9. Strain Energy and Impact Loading, 10. Centre of Gravity, 11. Moment of Inertia, 12. Analysis of Perfect Frames (Analytical Method), 13. Bending Moment and Shear Force, 14. Bending Stresses in Simple Beams, 15. Bending Stresses in Composite Beams, 16. Shearing Stresses in Beams, 17. Direct and Bending Stresses, 18. Deflection of Beams, 19. Deflection of Cantilevers, 20. Deflection by Moment Area Method, 21. Torsion of Circular Shafts, 22. Springs, 23. Thin Cylindrical and Spherical Shells, 24. Thick Cylindrical and Spherical Shells, 25. Columns and Struts, 26. Propped Cantilevers and Beams, 27. Fixed Beams, 28. Theorem of Three Moments, 29. Strain Energy & Deflection Due to Bending & Shear (and Castigliano’s Theorem), 30. Bending of Curved Bars, 31. Theories of Failure, 32. Testing of Materials, 33. Product of Inertia, 34. Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Center, 35. Stresses due to Rotation • Appendix • Index
|Dimensions||20 × 14 × 4 cm|
There are no reviews yet.
- No ratings found yet!